We are thrilled to bring you a “hands-on” review of the disc golf section of Sports Champions w/ Move controller for the PS3. As an avid discgolfer and gamer, this reviewer can speak from a knowledge of the sport and it’s intricacies and fun factor.
In our terms…
– Fun factor
– Re-playability – multiple skill levels increase realism (putts dont stick like glue, etc…).
– Three tee positions on every hole add great variety
- Disc aerodynamics
– Gameplay physics
– Available throws – hyzers, anhyzers, thumbers, rollers, etc…
– Move controller feels at home in disc golfer’s hand
– Course design: Fun, varied holes. Elevation shots, water hazards, etc…
– Skills challenges (aim, accuracy , distance, etc…)
– Ability to add your own personal music during play
- In essence only one 18 hole course. Need two or three! (to be fair the Disc Golf section of Sports Champions for the PS3 in one of six sports included in the package. One course with variations is fine/par, we just wished it had more! Can you say “PSN DG DLC ASAP!”?)
Overall review: CHAINS!
reviewer update as of 9/21: My seven year old and I have continued to enjoy Sports Champions for the PS3, especially the Disc Golf section. With multiple skill level options players of all abilities can compete together in a round of up to four players. We have hosted a few evenings of virtual disc golf for friends both avid and newer players, ALL commenting positively on the fun and relative accuracy in capturing this wonderful sport of ours. The producers of the disc golf segment obviously went the extra mile to include the culture, from the tee signs to the unlockable fly-dye discs. Very cool. If you have a PS3 Sports Champions is A MUST HAVE!